McCarthy also discussed the principles that guide their work towards this safer future for gamers around the world. They are:
Prevention: Allows players and parents to understand and control the gaming experience.
- It provides controls that allow players to customize their gaming experience. We support parents with the tools and information they need to create the right gaming experience for their children.
- We recognize that for safety features to be useful, they must be easy to use. We promote the availability of safety tools through platforms, support channels, services, websites and retail stores to reach more players and parents.
- We keep informed parents and players through our Code of Conduct, Terms of Service, and enforcement practices.
- We are investing in technology to prevent improper conduct and content before players are harmed.
Partnerships: We are working on partnerships with industry, regulators, law enforcement agencies, and communities to improve user safety.
- The focus is on the industry’s commitment to safety. We believe that we have the opportunity to work together for the benefit of the video gaming industry and all players to provide a safer gaming experience.
- We work with industry associations, industry members, regulators, law enforcement agencies and professionals to develop and drive online safety initiatives.
- We are committed to conducting shared research for the benefit of the industry.
- We believe that hatred, harassment and exploitation of young players makes no sense in the game. We work with the community to encourage safe gaming behavior and use reporting tools to summon malicious individuals.
- We work with rating agencies such as ESRB and PEGI to ensure that the game is rated by the right viewers.
Responsibility: We are responsible for making the platform as secure as possible for all players.
- We make it easier for players to report violations of our Code of Conduct, and not only remove content, but also limit players from using our services for fraudulent activities. Take action.
- We comply with all local laws and respond to all legitimate demands from law enforcement agencies. If you observe any illegal activity or if you believe your player is at risk of imminent harm, we will notify law enforcement immediately.
- Publish rules and requirements to ensure that reported players understand the requirements for continued engagement with the platform.
Best PS5 game
Finally, McCarthy writes that protecting players is a challenge, especially in a “digital, often instantly connected world.” This partnership was built to make it easier to win the battle, as “no company or industry can solve these challenges on its own.”
This isn’t the first time these companies have worked together to create a brighter future for video games, as Sony and Microsoft worked together to improve cloud gaming and streaming platforms last year.
Do you have any hints? Want to discuss a possible story? Please send an email to newstips@.
Adam Bankhurst is an news writer. You can follow him on Twitter @AdamBankhurst And on Twitch.